Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Quieter Week


I am happy to say that this week is a lot quieter than last week. Oh, we had fun last week but it was one thing on top of another and I literally installed a dry erase board into the living room to write down what we needed to do on some days, hour by hour. Crazy! Oh I know, some of your are asking, "write it down?". I have to write a lot of things down or I'll forget. It's terrible! Even with writing things down I still piggy backed some appointments on accident and had to call and reschedule. Still, we survived! Funny, as this week is quieter and by the time it ends I will probably be wanting to do something outside the home to break the monotony. :)

Today is to be another school day. I am hoping to get in a lot of it too as I feel like we've been kind of lax in that department. Then I feel like a big home school mama loser. I like feeling like a home school mama winner! With much prayer and organization it can get done. God's grace is sufficient in all things for me!

I have embarked on a new reading journey. I have been attempting to read the Bible in 4 months but it may turn out to be 5 months once it's all said and done. Why can't I ever stick with any Bible plan perfectly? I always fall short. Surely the goals set are doable but why not for me? Ah, I'll just do the best I can. Surprisingly I have been able to read faster and retain easier what I have read, which is good.

Anyway, so is anyone pulling out the fall and winter apparel yet? I pulled out a few things for the younger three girls yesterday. It's an after Labor Day tradition. Now I need to check up on the status of their having black shoes. I am an old traditionalist when it comes to no white shoes after Labor Day. It's just me! Still, you know...we will probably wear sandals until it's a bit cooler though.
This time I am trying to keep the clothes mess to a minimum. I have become ruthless with throwing things away that have stains and tears. Years before I'd keep to wear around the house. It's hard to see what you need though when you have all these clothes in the way. So I am trying to be good at weeding out what needs trashing.

On that note, I am so sad that summer is almost gone. I feel as if I wasted it by being inside. Oh, of course I had to be inside a lot as it's my job. Still, I do wish I were out a little more. I don't do as well in the colder months. Winter chills me to the bone and I can never get warm. The Lord knew I needed to be in the south!

Our youngest will be 2 on Sunday. It's SO bittersweet! I cannot believe that my baby is two. With each of our children I wanted time to go a little slower just so I could savour the time with the babies. With each baby time went faster and faster, I guess to the busy-ness of life. While I'd rather sit and be with the babies, meals still needed "fixing" and clothes still needed mending and the house needed cleaning at least to a certain degree. So, I still will enjoy what we have and hold on to what we had. To everything there is a season. An online friend just wrote of her youngest of 10 weaning theirselves of nursing. I understand the twinges of that mama's heart! We need to look at the other joys of nurturing as surely they are to be just as special.

Okay, that's all for now. I need to go and read so my mind and heart will be set for at least a little while. :)

No comments: