Sunday, December 5, 2010

21 More Days...

That's what we have till Christmas. We are on a countdown! Busy, busy, busy. I am sorry that I haven't been on here in a while. I have been sort of VERY busy. :) I primarily got on to thank everyone for praying for my family member who had medical needs. The Lord is SO good and His mercy endureth forever and ever. That is no matter what happens, He's still good. Still, I am thankful that the medical tests run turned out very well. Please be in prayer for this person as they aren't out of the woods yet. Also, be in prayer for my Dad. He's been out of work for a long time and they are without any income. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Please pray, pray, pray! Thank you.

We have two more weeks of school. I want it to be heavy, good quality school as well. That way I will feel good about taking a two week break for Christmas and the New Year. I want to do a few fun things with the children such as baking some goodies and making a few crafts. Well, it seems that the boys aren't so much into that kind of thing but maybe I can get them in there doing something anyway. Maybe they could hammer up some Christmas bird houses or something. :D

I am having fun with a lot of ideas to decorate the home. I really like the Americana look and have been into primitive and nostalgic decorating for many years. For a few years I did Victorian decorating and still have some pieces here and there so I guess things are sort of eclectic! Still, I am having fun with the the rustic, primitive Americana. :D James and our oldest son constructed some wooden benches for our diningroom table. Yippy- skippy! James stained and sealed the bench tops and we are going to paint the bottom of them blue. It will go in our kitchen/dining area well. We are still working away as time permits on the new to us cabinets and all. We are slowly tearing down the wall between the kitchen and diningroom too. I'll have to take a few current pics of the kitchen soon to share what's going on.

Today's Sunday so we have our routine of Sunday School, morning service, lunch, cleanup, break, choir practice/play practice and then evening church. Then we come home and have supper, maybe a little t.v. then bed. Sometimes we stay in town between church services because of the commute. Including loading up and unloading the children the commute one way is about 35 minutes. So staying in town saves gas and us well over an hour of time.

Hopefully I can check in more this coming week. Blessing to you all!

No comments: