Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Today is our Bethany's 7th birthday! We are celebrating by getting groceries. laugh laugh laugh
No, seriously we are getting groceries but we are going shopping for her too. I think we may get her a bike today. Also, I think that we may go to the Dollar Tree and let each of the children pick up a few wants just for fun. I've got a gazillion little needs for the family too...hairbows, Sunday School prizes, pencils, pens, socks, knee highs, lipstick. Can you believe that I don't have a single solitary tube of lipstick in the house??? Say it with me- Poor, poor Susan!!! Cry Cry laugh laugh laugh I think we may go by Books A Million too. Brittany has been reading The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne. It's a very long book and she's renewed it twice at the library. She said that it's so good that we need our own copy. It sounds very educational for you all that teach your own children.

We aren't having school today except for maybe sneaking in some reading and/or and educational video. Tonight Bethany wants sweet potato casserole. That's her favorite dish. So I think I'll cook a pork loin and have salad with that.
She wants ice cream pies with Oreo crusts for her birthday dessert. So I hope to make a coffee flavored one and a mule tracks flavored one. I am hoping that James can make it home at a descent time to celebrate with us.
Have a wonderful day in God's goodness.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope that she has a wonderful birthday. Her birthday desserts sound wonderful. I hope that you will share the recipe. My oldest daughter loves ice cream desserts for her birthday, but can't have much as she is lactose intolerant.

It sounds like a wonderful day that you have planned. We are heading out in an hour for finals for my middle daughter. They have to do them face to face with teachers from the online school.

Have a wonderful day with your family.

~Cheryl

Dana said...

Happy Birthday to Bethany!!