Friday, January 28, 2011

Humdinger of a Week

This has been one humdinger of a week. We've had the icky stomache virus going around. You say, "oh no!". I wish not but it's so. :) Our oldest is currently recovering for it now. We did have missions meeting this week and all I can say is that we've been fought, tooth and nail for the meeting not to go as planned. It still went though. Many were absent but I still believe most of the congregation recieved some benefit from it.

Well, praise God, it's Friday! I have a lot of chores to get done. There's much to catch up on. Here's my list of today's chores. I really want to get them done so that we can enjoy working outside tomorrow. The temps are suppose to be in the sixties. :D

~clean off table in livingroom (cleaning living room earlier)(10 minutes)
~clean kitchen and wipe down with bleach water (1 hour)
~clean off computer table and vacuum floor (15 minutes)
~have children clear the hallway and stair, then vacuum and mop (10 minutes)
~dining room (10 minutes)
~main bathroom (10 minutes)
~master bath (10 minutes)
~glass clean where needed (5 minutes)
~mop kitchen and mud room (10 minutes)
~make pizzas (1 hour)

Total: 3 hours 20 minutes

I need to make a quick run to the dollar store for diapers and may pick up some paper plates. That'll be a grand treat this weekend. :)

Tomorrow we have a lot of junk to haul off. I thought that it would be a great day to clean up the yard a bit and get rid of some construction trash. Also, we have a bunch of misc. stuff such as old bikes, etc. It'd be nice to wash down the back deck once it's cleared too. Also, I'm sure the chickens would appreciate a clean house and a repaired fence. :) Boy, I hope we really can get some stuff done! So I really want the inside in pretty good shape so I will feel liberty to enjoy outdoor work.

I'm off to run my marathon of work now. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend in the Lord's goodness and grace. Bless Him in all you do.

2 comments:

Dana said...

We've had something going around here too, a weird sickness, high fever and headache, no other symptoms, lasts about 2-3 days, then once they vomit they are on the mend, weird huh? Suffer with high fever and headache for a couple days then vomit once and everthing goes back to normal, can't put my finger on it but glad its on its way out of here!!

Wishing you a healthy week ahead!!
Dana

Cheryl said...

We have had stuff going around here as well. We have our Missions conference next month.

Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned with the warm weather, etc.

Have a great day with your family.

~Cheryl