Monday, May 7, 2012

Hello Everyone! At this very moment while I type this, I am all by myself! That might seem not so odd to others but to me this is very odd. James took all of the children fishing, God bless him. :D So I've been here by myself for over an hour. Heather, thank you for noticing my new weight loss ticker and for your encouragement. I was down to 139 last year and then I got careless. Also, a lot was going on and I didn't have time to maintain. So, here I am again, losing weight that was once already lost. :D I am excited and know it will happen. When I feel liberty, I might share how I am trying to do it. Well, if this works, I will definitely share! I am afraid that one week a month won't look so good. If you're a lady, you can probably guess why! Our garden is looking so good! Let's see....we have green beans the size of my pinky. Yellow and zucchini squash due to pick in another day or two and tomatoes a good size but needing to turn red. Our spring onions are ready. I need to pull some of those and fry those up tonight. We have blooms on the butter beans. We have a few teeny-tiny baby cucumbers too! We have always grown our cucumbers flat on the ground but I am experimenting with growing them on tomato cages this year. We are also wanting to make some 3 sided tomato cages that you can un-hook and lay flat while not in use. I saw them on You Tube a while back. You cut the fencing to where you can hinge them together, with three sides. I have so much racing through my mind to do! I can't wait until things slow down with all these activities and then we can just enjoy ourselves a little! I guess with so many graduating that we know...and then having a graduate this year ourselves... Mother's Day... school end paperwork to turn in and with a printer that won't work with our computer right now. Blah! On top of all of this, we bought a new to us washer that isn't doing the trick. So we probably will have to take this one back, get another one, of which will have to be ordered. How long does this take? Long, long story but I am weary of the washing machine saga. :D It should be remedied by another week. All will be well. I am reading Isaiah right now. I'm in chapter 5 now so things are still grim. Oh, but what a wonderful picture of our sinfulness, our need for Jesus, and His redeeming love. Okay, so I'll go for now and see if this clunker washing machine has spun out the clothes so I can put them on the line! Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ejoy.Yourself!!!!!! How wonderful for your hubby to take the children fishing. Yeah for the garden update, sounds like things are really moving along. Have a super,super Monday.

~Heather~

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is off topic, but I was curious how the grocery stockup was coming along. Did it work out like you thought? Are things being used like you planned? We're still working on the 1 month plan but each time we go, it's amazing how prices have jumped.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Susan, Good luck on losing weight and sorry to hear about your washing machine! I would hate to be without mine and there is just the two of us. (plus our furbaby of course) Your garden produce is ahead of mine but we are getting there. Sure seems good. Thanks for visiting my blog! Nancy at Cozy Thyme Cottage

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

Wow, your garden is doing so good. I look forward to all those fresh veggies from the garden. Enjoy your day and God bless.