Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4, 2012


Today we hopped by into school after the holiday. We had fun with our science today. We studied about the rainbow, the different colors of light and how water bends light to reveal the colors. There are wonderful Bible verses to go with this so we had much fun in learning! During all of this, I switched out and folded laundry.

We then had reading and spelling. After this time we had lunch. After lunch I put some great northern beans in the crockpot for tonight's soup. I washed a lot of dishes.  Then it was time to go to the orthodontist. We were there for only 10 minutes and things look good. We then went for Brittany to register to vote. That didn't take long either. We stopped by Dollar General and Food Lion to pick up a few needs. I was thankful for a fast trip in town!

When we got home, the beans were already done for the italian soup! I finished that up and then cleaned some red beans. James helped me get those washed and into the crockpot when he got home. The dishwasher needed cleaning out again at the grinder so James did that. We need a new grinder part eventually. Hopefully this won't be too pricey.

Mama went for an appointment to get ready to start radiation tomorrow. I take her for her first chemo treatment tomorrow and then she goes back tomorrow evening for her first radiation visit. One of my sisters is taking her tomorrow night.

I did a lot of laundry today but it seems I can't catch up no matter. I am thankful for a new washer and drain line to wash clothes with. It is always in use.



Breakfast: leftover peach cobbler $0

Lunch: hot dogs with chili   $4.50

Supper: Italian sausage soup $ 6

cornbread/crackers .75

Beverages: .75 (coffee/tea)

Total: $12.00

Under by $9.35 for the month.

3 comments:

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Susan, Good job on being under budget. Hope your mama does okay with her chemo and radiation. We don't use a lot of beans but we like Chrystal's bean soup for Homemaking/Homestead site. Have a good night. Nancy

Melanie said...

Hi, Susan,
Woohoo for being under budget! Food prices are horrible nowadays.
I'll keep your mom in prayer.

Vicki said...

Sounds like a fun first day of school! Your are doing SO good on your food budget! I will be praying for your mom. Sounds like a tough day tomorrow.