Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thursday, Sept. 20

This week is moving along quite quickly. Our days are filled with school, chores, hospital and church. Boom-boom-boom and no breaks. Saturday doesn't seem to slow down for us either. Brittany has a photo shoot (as far as we know) and then we are going to a show put on by the military nearby. Then we'll be getting ready for church on Sunday. Sunday will be filled with.....church and eating. :D

Next Monday will be booming busy too as we will do more school, chores, hospital and a ladies' meeting with ladies from church. Next Wednesday is time for another chemo treatment, which lasts 5 1/2 hours. Then the following two days will involve IV hydration treatments, 3 hours each time. We will not have school at least one of the days next week...possibly 2-3 days. So I am trying to do double time some when we can so I can still count those days. Life dealing with a large homeschool family and a sick mother is quite the challenge. It's to be done and it all is my job. It's what the Lord gave me to do. When God brings you to it- He will get you through it. That's my newest motto to put on my list of favorites. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Here's the meals for Thurday along with costs. Boy, I love leftover turkey! Normally this would be called Ritzy Chicken but I am substituting turkey with the leftovers.

Breakfast: cheese grits $1

Lunch: pork and beans with fried weanies $3

Supper: Ritzy Turkey (made with leftover turkey) $2.50, peas FREE

Beverages: $1

snacks: pickles, peanut butter crackers , leftover cake $1

Total for day: $8.50
Under budget by $29.24

3 comments:

April said...

You and your family are doing a great job!! I am planning ritzy chicken for one night next week! I am interested to see how it turns out!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan, I know you're NOT complaining but I know you must be getting exhausted. You're still in my prayers! Love your new motto...thinking I might cross stich it on a book marker or something for myself to go in my stocking. Hang.In.There!

~Heather~

Cathy said...

Hi Susan,
I just love your attitude in dealing with your family and your mama. You are such a special lady Susan and I'm glad we are friends.

Love ya,
Cathy