Friday, March 14, 2014

Thursday

Thursday went by so fast!  For breakfast we had egg sandwiches. I am thankful for the longer days to prompt the chickens to lay. The girls enjoy taking turns in retrieving the eggs.

 We did our usual school. It is satisfying to see the children progress and learn. We are on the home stretch for Dalton. He graduates this year. He is only sixteen. Prayers for direction in his life are appreciated! After this year we will have only "five" in our school.

For lunch I made chicken noodle soup. We had leftover spaghetti noodles from the alfredo on Tuesday. We also had some chicken breasts from the pack I cooked on Tuesday. I added some carrots, onion, celery, bouillon and Italian seasonings. It turned out great and since most was from leftovers, I put less than a dollar into this lunch.



In the afternoon we did chores. I tidied the living room, glass cleaned and rotated the laundry. Two of the boys put away the boys' clothes, another boy loaded the dishwasher after a girl unloaded it. I baked some peanut butter cookies as a treat.

For supper we had salmon patties, field peas and stewed tomatoes. The older boys had went for a bike ride and when they got back James took the girls. While they were gone I put together some pie crusts for quiche and pies.


We had devotions and  read. I mopped the kitchen and living room. After whinding down we were in bed by 11pm.

1 comment:

Winona said...

Susan, glad I found your blog again. Your meals look good. I am pulling for you to only spend $200 in the next 4 weeks on food. I am sorry to say that is usually what we spend for a family of two. Trying real hard to cut that down to $100 as we now have a large debt to pay. I'll be back. Winona