Saturday, November 19, 2005

Saturday, Nov. 19

Happy Weekend~! I am thankful for Saturdays as we just do "fill in " school on these days. That is, we catch up on what we may have missed during the week. I think that Brittany and Dalton both have a math lesson to do and Samuel has phonics and a math lesson.


We are having our Thanksgiving meal with the church today. I will be glad to see everyone from church today. I am upset because James has to work today though. He orginionally had today off but has to work now. I'd love for him to have the 8 to 5 job, Monday through Friday. Well, I say that but I really want what is in the Lord's will. We are striving to find that. Besides the schooling and church dinner I have the usual chores of 5 minutes daily maintenance in each room(AKA go to each room and pickup or clean like a mad woman for 5 minutes), dishes upkeep, 2 loads of clothes and 4 to put away. Then to get everyone ready to go.
Brittany read The Diary of Anne Frank and became very interested in Anne Frank. Consequently she's learned a lot about the Holocaust, Hitler and World War II. I don't really remember learning about this in school. Surely I did but maybe it wasn't covered well or I just wasn't interested. This is a very important time in history so how could I have missed it in high school? Anyway, so I think I'll have her to write a paper on Anne Frank whenever she's finished with her Nimrod paper. I am trying to get her more into the writing this year. We are using a program called The Institute forExcellence in Writing. We enjoy this method of putting writing together.

We had salmon patties, greek potatoes and lima beans last night for supper. For the potatoes I peeled and cut them up. Then I coated them with lemon pepper seasoning and covered them in italian dressing. I put the lid on the casserole dish and popped them in the microwave for maybe 25 minutes or so. Next time I will just add a little salt to them. They were yummy!
Well, 6 more days until we make another big shopping trip. I am afraid that it will be a biggy too. I keep seeing things dwindle down and really need to make my big Sam's Club list and Aldi list. I just dread the trip's timing as it's the day after Thanksgiving that James gets paid. ARGH! Anyway, here's a great article on Aldi and as a matter of fact the whole page seems useful. It's at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/urbanhome/ Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

No comments: