Monday, December 5, 2005

Monday, December 5th


Wow what a blessed day!!! The Lord is so good. First I've heard from James three times today from work. My heart still leaps when I see that it's him!!So, despite my falling back to sleep this morning after being up for a few hours things went pretty well. Needless to say I didn't have my nap this afternoon in hopes of getting to bed earlier tonight. So here's how today's gone so far:
**** I've washed, dried, folded four loads of clothes. I've put away six loads.
**** Dishes are done and house is swept and dusted.
**** School is done for yet another day.
**** Despite not being able to find the all purp. cleaner I just bought our bathrooms are clean. I need my all purp. cleaner though ---- just because.
**** Supper's in the crockpot and still have to fix a side dish though. We're having crockpot chicken tonight. It should be done at 8:30, when James is due home.
I am so very thankful the Lord helped me accomplish so much. The children are all happy and healthy despite yesterday having it's challenges. For one, our three year old was choking on a piece of candy last night!!!!! I mean as in no air passing where it should and complete silence, face turning purplish..... Mom having a slight fit type of choking. The candy slid down and all became okay.
Praise the Lord God Almighty!!!!!!!!!
Hallelujah!! Glory, glory!!!!!!
Before that I found another one of my children out in the road at church!!!!! I was thinking youngest child was with oldest and oldest child was thinking youngest was with me. Not the case. So we find her and her little partner in crime friend walking down the middle of the road!! All was okay once we retrieved them but what a scare. That was enough to make anyone humble and thank the good Lord for His mercy once again. Two incidences in one night is all this woman can take. I am truly earning my silver crown!!!!
So tomorrow night we get to go to a ladies' meeting at church. This month we are covering the topic of joy. This is near and dear to my heart!! I have been studying this topic and scripture confirmed what I already felt. It's awesome to read His word and for what is happening in your life to be there for you to read. What great encouragement. Brittany, our oldest has done her own little study on joy as well. I was going to do this with her but I wanted to see what she could draw out of the Bible herself-- on her own. So, I have withdrawn and let her do this on her own. We are taking finger foods and I just don't know what to take myself. I thought maybe just take some cookies, crackers, fruit and/or sandwiches. Who knows?
Well, must go and get a quick shower and be ready when hubby comes home. I need a shower just to get a second wind because I am about to drop. Nothing like a good shower and a cup of coffee to help! Then if there's time I'll listen to a S.M. Davis sermon tape and a sermon tape from church. Nothing like hearing how to better ourselves and how to better minister to others. Especially when those others are our first ministry--- our family.

No comments: