Monday, December 26, 2005

Save those leftovers!


Well, I made a soup today. I have NO idea what kind. It's a combo of vegetable beef and potato and ham soup. It smells so yummy and we're going to eat it in about 3 minutes and 48 seconds. Not that I'm counting down or anything.

On Saturday I made a scalloped potato dish. To make long story short I bought a 20lb. bag of potatoes for $2.99 and am on a marathon of getting them used up. Anyway, so I pulled out the food processer, which I dislike cleaning and sliced the 'taters instead of hand slicing. I make this GREAT dish and the children really didn't eat too much of it. So with my being the sneaky, sly gal that I am I put the scalloped potatoes into the soup that origionally was to be vegetable beef. Then I thought of the ham leftover from our Christmas meal and diced it up and threw it in. I am so excited. I had this sneaky laugh coming from the kitchen and hubby was wondering what was up. I told him but no one else knows.
So you can use up your leftover in soups and stews. I have made my best soups and stews from leftovers. If you can't use them soon then just freeze them in a big bowl or freezer bag until you have enough to add to a dish. Well, my time's up!

No comments: