Saturday, December 24, 2005

Why I stand on the King James Version

I have been asked about the King James Version of the Bible. Please read and consider what I am saying and understand that if you read other versions, I did at one time too. I know that thinking that there's only one true english version may seem far out. I used to think that until I was introduced to the fact that there is only one true english version, approved by King James in the year 1611. As a matter of fact I was quiet offended that someone told me that the version I was using was wrong. That offense turned to understanding later on when my husband and I did our own investigating...
Here is a book that I recommend reading to find out the truth on these modern day translations and why they are false. The book is Which Version is the Bible? and is written by Floyd Nelson Jones. I got my book from http://www. nogreaterjoy.org An excerpt of what the back cover says explains a lot and this book is chocked full of details why The King James Version is the perfectly preserved english version of the Word of God.
"Nearly everyone has the impression that the difference in working between modern tranlsations an the 1611 King James Bible, as well as the other older English versions, is mainly due to synonym choices and language changes. Such is not the situation. The outrageous reason is that almost all translations since 1881have been made from a drastically different Greek text than was used to preparethe older versions. The traditional Greek text has been replaced! Yet 90-95% of all the extant Greek New Testament manuscripts agree with each other and the traditional text as well as the old versions, but they do not agree with the extremely few upon which the new Greek text is based."
Many have died and have been persecuted on the preservation of the word of God but "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."

No comments: