Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 17, 2006


Today James is home with us. He'll be at work the next two days and then be off for eight days of bliss. OFF TO OBX WE GO! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!! We have never been there and we just can't wait to catch up with some friends of our's. We have a big house rented to share there that has everything we will need for fun but yet privacy at the same time. So, this week we are planning meal duties, getting packed and getting our house ready to be abandoned for a while.
Here's a little of what's going on here this week.

Kitchen This room is still humming, three meals a day as usual. It has to be the most used room in the house and is always "open". I will be glad to give this room a rest while gone this coming week. Brittany fixed lunch yesterday of grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. Also, tonight she's cooking Southwestern Beefbake. This is always yummy. Leftovers are in the fridge so will have lunch and so no more kitchen duty for me the rest of the day...except some cleanup.

Laundry room My game plan has once again changed for this room. I used to try to keep up all laundry every day but yet would get discouraged if a day was missed as it's hard to keep up. So now I just do colored clothes every other day and whites every other day---no laundry on Sundays. It's working better for me... for now anyway.

Yard and Garden James is doing yard work today. He has to replace a belt on our mower and it should be going smoothly then. The garden was hit by a serious hail storm on Mother's Day. I'd say it messed up half of our garden. Hopefully the rest will be salvaged and James can replant some things. I am so disappointed as we really depend on our veggies from our garden. I was already trying to estimate how many jars I'd be canning this summer. Well, that chore has been slashed considerably for now.

School Room We are whinding this down for another year!!! Glory, glory, hallelujah!!!! I need to get Britt to finish her language arts workbook and do some more math drills with Dalton. Then to continue with Samuel's phonics. There's no stopping the phonics as if we do we will fall behind again. It's like paddling uphill with switches. Anyway, to be done tomorrow will be a welcome feeling. I plan to gear up again in three weeks. So to enjoy these weeks will be awesome. Once we begin again I think it'll be just 4 day weeks.

Sewing I really wanted to get some jammy bottoms sewn for the boys before leaving for vacation but really don't know if I'll have that much time to fit it in. I still have two more dresses to get done for this season along with a skirt. I plan on getting these projects finished on our remaining time off from school after vacation.

Baby News Last week I went in for our monthly visit and things seem well. I believe this coming month I will have another ultrasound to see if I still have placenta previa. I pray not!!!!!!!! I am horrified of a c section. I really think I'll have to be sedated to even have the nerve to get to the hospital if that's planned to take place. I'll also have the dreaded sugar tolerance test this coming visit as well. Really.... my body tolerates sugar quite fine.... REALLY! I just hope I don't have to go to the hospital for the big three hour ordeal. YUCK! On any accord, I'll be SO happy to have another baby in my arms. Thankfulness will be an extreme understatement for what I will feel. I really can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl. As far as how I am feeling... PREGNANT! This time my hips hurt so much the more and arthritis in my back has flaired up after a great long time of no trouble. I have had to slow things down considerably which greatly frustrates me. I like to zoom through things and feel good of the accomplishments. Right now I feel as a turtle while having to delegate so much. It makes me feel lazy and useless. Then the no sleep stage has set in. I have to drink water to stay hydrated but yet have to get up every hour to use the restroom. Yada---yada--- yada---- the story never ends.

So that's our story in our little household right now. I do have to say that I enjoy these youngins' more and more every day. They are a delight to me--- despite challenges in each of them. What's a child without challenges? We see ever growing progress in their character every day. All praise to God!

No comments: