Sunday, May 7, 2006

New Category


Wow, this week as been a blast albeit exhausting at the same time. We had revival services all this week and today was homecoming. We had Bro. Milford Bittle to preach and he's a stick of dynomite ready to explode at any instant. Not to mention that he's in his early eighties. The man of God knows his scripture! I am talking about he has memorized BOOKS of the Bible. AMAZING to hear and even more amazing how he uses the gift of reciting passages. Yet so in a way that his rhetoric seems so alive as though he's not quoting scripture but just talking to you.... and you understand the message.
Anyway, while mentioning scripture I am adding a category of "lessons learned" and this will include things that I have learned or "relearned" from scriptures I am reading. I am not one to sit and read a whole book of scripture in a day. I really read quite slowly. It took a month for me to get through Romans. Wow, what a book! So now I am in I Corinthians. Sometimes I can flowingly read passages and then sometimes stagger for a while trying to discern what's being said.....and what I can learn and live.... how to cope with how others live and act and what I can do about it. Or, at least how I can react to it in a godly manner. That's a challenge all it's very own!!!!! Okay, so anyway that's my plan... sometimes it helps for me to write or type things out and have it in print to look back upon. So as to not lose it in the mommy brain of mine that's consumed with school, recipes, health stuff, discipline and plan out just enjoying the children and praying they will turn out alright despite my many shortcomings.

No comments: