Thursday, May 4, 2006

Thursday


Wow, it's Thursday already? This week has flown by. We have been having revival meetings at church this week and so things have been very tight with fitting in school, chores, a piano lesson, cooking and just eating. We've been changing activities as fast as lightning it seems but today may be slowing down a wee bit. I do have a lot of laundry to catch up on and still don't know what's for supper tonight. Maybe by the time I finish this blog I'll have it figured out. I had a meal list written out to type on here but it's temporarily lost at the moment.

Oh, I have alot of good pics to put on here as soon as I figure out how or my hubby does it. The last time we tryed the pics would stay up all of two minutes and then mysteriously disappear. We were using Yahoo pictures. I want to try photobucket. We were using Flickr but not anymore. We didn't see any but saw links to some very distasteful pictures.

On the schoolfront, things are going very well and I am well pleased. So far this week the oldest two have only done reading, language arts and math. Just the core subjects have kept them busy this week. Then there's the ever lingering phonics with Samuel. I am a wee bit more encouraged this week as I do see some progress. I think mainly it's for him a lack of desire to learn. He's not eager to read. During phonics he wants to go to sleep and that can be first thing in the morning! So I will have to push through and conquer this!

I am enjoying the lightunits from CLE! It helps me keep my focus and vision. That's exactly what I needed. With some other curriculums we did it because others raved about them but that was our only reason for doing them... it was supposed to be a good thing. What I really needed was a vision. Sometimes it was there and sometimes it faded all too easily.

Here's a quick rundown of what's on the agenda today. Our schedule has been a modified one this week but still productive with a lot of work.

1) laundry.... a lot of laundry..... maybe 4-5 loads. That's not including the 3 loads needed folding. 2) bake bread.... even if it's just in the bread machine and one loaf I have to bake some whole wheat today. This white flour bit is killing me....
3) School, about 2 hours worth is what has been the norm this week.
4) Master bedroom cleanup. This room really is in bad shape as there's not been any time this week to clean up in here any.
5) The rest is just general pickup and maintenance. That would equal about 5 minutes maintenance in each room and the usual dishes.
6) One more things...clean under the couch... I eyeballed a dirty pull up under there as I was fixing James breakfast this morning.....YUCK! I hadn't smelled it yet so that's good.
Okay, now for supper it will be..........................sloppy joes. TA! DA!

No comments: