Friday, June 16, 2006

Another week passes.....


BABY: I just saw where my baby ticker says "only 76 days to go". One day at a time sweet Jesus! I am getting so antsy and ready for the baby to get here. I still think in my head that the baby SHOULD be here but of course that's not true.My Martha would be almost four months now. I do hope that I will get over the "would bes" when this baby comes. It wasn't in the Lord's will for Martha to be here on earth with us. I am really going through a crying hormonal stage right now. With going through pregnancies so many times I realize that it is hormonal and everyone really isn't against me. I do count it all joy to have all these aches and pains even if I have inklings of wanting to complain. I try to be good with it. I think I got away with not having to have the 3 hour sugar test done. I guess it paid off skipping the pasta the week of the one hour test.
SCHOOL:We were to start school on the 26th but I have postponed it for yet another week. I just feel so much as not been accomplished. I feel frustrated in no progress. Next week is VBS at church and so I am taking another week to do whatever I need to. Instead of planning so much ahead with school I think I'll just do a few days at a time, at least 'til I know how all this new curriculum can be handled. Last night I worked on our newest schedule and squeezed in baby feedings and all. I keep thinking that we can't do it all but yet.... we have to do it all. We just have to. Hopefully taking one more week off will help me feel more together.
GARDEN: Wow things are coming full speed ahead whether I'm ready or not! James is having to work almost every day, 13 1/2 hrs. a day so the brunt of the gardening and yard work is on Britt and I. Brittany mowed the grass and tilled some of the garden today while I picked and pulled weeds. What would I do without her? That girly can flat work. So this evening I plan on finish picking and then tomorrow put it all up. I am thinking I'll have another 14 qts. of beans to put up. I am thinking of what to do with the tomatoes. I may process these in my smaller stock pot because I may just have a few qts. right now. I need to put away some more squash. I think we'll have a lot to stew and make into casseroles later. We didn't get much squash last year so we better enjoy it now. We are getting some cucumbers but not enough to pickled or anything so we are just eating that fresh. My dill pickles always come out soft and the family was slow in eating the sweet pickles last year so I won't do any this year. Corn will be ready this coming week. Well.... could be ready now but I just can't handle it right now so it has to wait until. Oh, cabbage... we have some cabbage to eat! The cabbage did so well! I may fix some tonight with some sliced smoked sausage.
BUDGETING: This is going really well. I am trying to be wise and conserve as much as I can because it is in the plan for James to quit his current job sometime after baby comes. We know at whatever he goes to next, the money will be very much so less than now.....maybe even slashed almost in half. It will be so well worth it to have him home more and for him to not have so much stress on him. I just can't wait really! One of the things that I decided to do is use cloth diapers. I am thinking they should arrive by Monday. Cloth diapers have come a long way since I used them with Dalton! I am now beginning to look forward to it in a way. When I get into it though I'll probably think differently. LOL I was able to find whole chickens reduced down to .55/lb. and the date was still good for another three days. So I bought 8 of them! I would have bought more if it weren't for lack of freezer space! Also, a local store has their ground chuck on sale for $1.59/lb. and so I bought three packs that equaled to about 16-18 lbs.! I plan on going back and getting some more too. We have some pork in the freezer and so I think we will be well stocked with meat for the next month to month and a half. Then with all the garden veggies, we will be doing quite well. The Lord blesses! I have established a leftovers section in our fridge so these won't get lost in the jungle. It's helped already. I am wanting to cut waste where ever possible. I used to have this but somehow got out of the groove....I am rereading The Complete Tightwad Gazette too. This always motivates me.
So that's about it here. We are waiting for James to get more time off. The days get long and lonely without him here. It's funny how that can be with all the children and work but it helps to have someone older to talk to. I am hoping things will be better in a few weeks here. Oh yeah... Dalton is doing so good with his piano playing. He's picked up a few chords and getting the hang of it. I am so glad!

No comments: