Wednesday, September 6, 2006

BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT

We had our newest blessing!!!!!!!!! I am so honored to announce that we had a little girl, Joy-Anna Eden, on August 22, 2006. After the little one wanting to cause trouble we finally got her here safely and without cause for a c-section. It turns out that when I went to the OB the day before her birth that we discovered that she was in a transverse position, meaning that she was lying horizontally in the womb. The date of the 22nd had already been kicked around and with my BP wanting to spike it was time for baby to come. After two attempts at getting her turned around my doctor had great success. The funny thing was that Joy-Anna had turned completely around since my office visit. She just liked lying on her side I reckon. To add to the excitement, for some odd reason the nurse put on her bracelets before she was born "Boy Watson" so we really did think 30 minutes before she was born that the medical staff knew something that they just weren't telling us. We really thought we were having an Andrew Stephen. Well, weren't we surprised? After quite a struggle the first week or so with nursing, we finally got it going right. I really didn't think I was going to be able to continue and really had to talk myself into each feeding....sometimes with many tears. But now everything is somewhat normal and we are getting into the groove of things. Also, Joy-Anna had jaundice and had to be with the bili-blanket for a few days. After daily visits to the pediatrition and many needle sticks it's now under control. Thank you, Lord! James has been off a good amount of the last two weeks. Actually tonight is his last shift of working at Inland. He's been there almost eleven years. I know he's probably a little sad but he's also VERY happy to get this done and over. As a going away present they decided to make him work his last two shifts at night, knowing that he and I both can't stand night shift-- thus the reason I am on here and not in bed! That's alright as after tonight he will be off a little while until he begins his new job. Talk about taking a step on faith! WOW!!!!!! We are trusting the Lord to provides all our needs as He always has. We are slowly getting into school again. I am having the children do an hour a day this week and work up to two hours next week. I know it's soon but we really do better with our days filled with productive activities. Idleness causes trouble and with six children... that's a lot of trouble to get into! I am still trying to get other ducks in a row. I have a bunch of weight to lose from this pregnancy. I need to get my head together and begin counting those calories. With the Lord's help I can do this, I know! I have done the Walk the Walk , one mile, a few times. I would like to get that going at least 3X a week. It's funny because you can get frustrated having to walk across the house because of forgetting something and yet put in a walking tape to get some exercise! I am reading through the New Testament still. I am now in I Thessalonians. The Lord has blessed me in my readings and am so glad to have His Word to fall into, rest upon, and stand on. Okay, I really need to get to bed before our wee one awakes. We are still in that unpredictable stage right now. Hopefully I will begin getting on here a little more here and there. I am just incredibly busy and even with feeling better physically I am still tired a bit and still have that vision to hang onto. I must stay focused to keep myself and the family going down the right path. So many challenges with so many children. Pure discipline and determination is key in keeping all things organized and running well with the children. So that means luxuries such as computer time comes later after higher priorities are met.

No comments: