Saturday, August 19, 2006


Today has been a lazy day. I didn't sleep well again last night. I can't sleep in a horizontal position anymore for longer than an 1 1/2 hour stretch. Then I sleep with pillows propped all around me sitting up on the couch. This round ligament pain gets worse each pregnancy. So I have definitely been taking a good nap each day for as long as I am able, which is about 1 1/2 hours.
Tomorrow our oldest son will be NINE YEARS OLD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALTON! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Let's see if I can think of nine things about Dalton.
1) He's saved!!!!!! March 17th of this year the Lord put a deep burden on his heart and as we were driving down the road he said he NEEDED to be saved. Well..... I think in his heart he was right then. The burden was there. We pulled over the side of the road immediately and explained everything to him to make sure he understood it all. He did. There's nothing we could do as it was already done. He was signed and sealed. He cried, we cried. It was a big blubbering mess. It was great!!!!! I can tell that he will grow into a great servant of the Lord.
2) He is learning to play the piano and is coming along well.
3) He is our dark, handsome one. He's the only one to have my dark hair and he has darker features.
4) He is a gentleman and likes to open the door for ladies or attempt to carry something heavy for them. He's very considerate and won't take seconds on what we're eating until he knows that everyone else has had enough. He will peck his mama and sisters on the cheek now. He used to not be affectionate at all but is coming around.
5) He enjoys working with wood and "manly" stuff. I think he has his Dad's brain with being mechanically inclined.
6) He does his chores without being told and doesn't really complain as much as he used to.
7) He's becoming wise with with his money. He likes to carry a wallet and keep a little stashed in it.
8) His favorite foods are hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. It's not the healthiest but oh well. That will be his birthday meal tonight.
9) He weighed the least when he was born at 7 lb. 14 oz. and pregnancy with him was the easiest.

No comments: