Wednesday, November 1, 2006

November 2006

Nov. 16, 2006 - Thursday

Wow, what a morning! Some of us aren't feeling so well. It's amazing how just a headcold can make you feel so icky and run down. Brittany is trying to do school while lying down on the bed. Dalton is sprawled out on the couch and I am about to drug us all so we can get moving more efficiently. I have gotten a load of wash done and I am about to finish the dishes. Hopefully the house can be picked up by the time James gets home as usual. Sometimes he's gotten home early~~~~~OOPS and the house wasn't picked up. Today is the master bedroom cleanup day so hope to spend some time with that. At least there's only one bed to change sheets on in here versus the boys' room that has three. LOL Tomorrow I need to pick up a few odds and ends at the stores. Also I need to buy goods to make some "yummies" for our Thanksgiving meal at church on Saturday. I am looking forward to that....that is if we are all feeling better and are not germy! I don't like it when people are germy and I don't expect them to like me germy either! I was thinking of what to fix...some ladies have their specialty and I don't. I just try to fix fill in stuff. One fixes mac and cheese, another fixes broccoli casserole and so those are taken. I thought of filling in with sweet potato casserole and then hash brown casserole (potatoes and more potatoes). I wanted to make dressing but I'd need the drippings from the turkey....I'm not fixing the turkey, which I am thankful for. LOL I thought of turkey gravy but I am not fixing the turkey to have the drippings.....I am thankful for that. Did I repeat myself? It's time for my medicine.
[Comments - 1]


Nov. 14, 2006 - Touching Base

Happy Tuesday! It's been a bit since writing and while I have not much to say I felt it was time to emerge.

School has been going so well here! I am looking at Christmas marking the halfway point of our school year. The children are moving along in their lightunits and James is still helping out with history. He reads the lesson right before we start devotions. Samuel is coming along in phonics. He's into consonant diagraphs now and doing well. I think I have established Monday as ironing day although it's ran into Tuesday! I was trying to get Wednesday night's and Sunday's clothes all ironed so it'd make it easier later in the week but there's just so many to get. I am about 2/3 of the way done. Clothes seems to be my biggest challenge when it comes to housekeeping. Our electric bill would probably be slashed dramatically if it weren't for all the mounds of clothes pushed through each week. The pictures we had taken last week turned out really well! I am pleased with the Picture People. The lady who took our pics did a very good job. We also purchased Christmas cards with our pic on them! Yesterday I got such a precious gift through the mail. A friend of our's mother passed away a few weeks ago. This lady was so sweet and I could see the light of God shining through her. She will be sorely missed. Well yesterday our friend sent us a blanket her mother had made for Joy-Anna right before she passed. That blanket will be very cherished! She has it on her now. I don't think I ever remember Mrs. Diane without a crochet needle in her hand! We take comfort in her resting in peace with the Lord. We have two blankets and a hat of hers. Today is our busy day as it's piano day. The teacher is to be here at 10:30 for Dalton's lesson. So to get ready! Tonight we are having roast soup. We have had a lot of poultry this past week so I am ready for some beef. Roast soup fits the ticket! Have a blessed day in the Lord!
[Comments - 2]


Nov. 7, 2006 - Picture Day!

Today we are having our pictures done and I am a little nervous. Well, I guess that could be a tad bit of an understatement. I just can't wait for this to be over with! Getting eight outfits bought and coordinated is not my idea of a picnic! And whatever possessed me to want us to wear WHITE shirts? Now I am under the pressure of them keeping them spot free at least until the camera starts flashing. When it's over they can have a chocolate ice cream sundae and woller in the mud for all I care! The good thing is that we get the pics today as well! Yay! Well, "yay" if they turn out and if they don't I I will have to refrain from having a temper tantrum. Can you tell I am a little stressed?

[Comments - 2]

No comments: