Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

I am trusting that everyone is having a great week! We are enjoying this rain that the Lord has sent our way. This is perfect for our garden and to keep temps from getting too warm. The only complaint is not being able to get out and mow the grass or hang out wash. I am thinking of putting up my old retractable clothesline in the washroom. I could get a good amount hung then.

Oh, and speaking of laundry. I have this crazy idea that I can do laundry better just twice a week versus daily. You see, I could always keep up with WASHING the laundry. Yep, my laundry was always caught up with being WASHED. But then there's the folding and putting away to do. For a long while we have had a mountain of clean wash in front of the dryer. I'd get in there occasionally and chisel away at the mountain but rarely for it to be completely caught up.

So this week I instigated the idea of only doing laundry on Monday and Friday unless there's an emergency. So on Monday I did all of the laundry and put it all away. Then yesterday I had to do an emergency load as Gloria threw up on me twice and all over our bed. I couldn't leave that mess until Friday! Gloria is fine as she's not sick but I think it was an allergy thing??? Anyhoo, so laundry is piling until Friday. The good side is that there's no mountain to fold. The bad side is there's a stinky mountain of dirty clothes. The good side is that I am totally devoting two days to all laundry and folding. The bad side is that I feel more behind with a mountain of dirty clothes than a mountain of clean clothes. The only difference is that we conceal dirty clothes in hampers and clean clothes were in a mountain in front of the dryer. Hmmmm, so we'll see where the rest of this week leads.

School is going very well. I am relishing in the children's learning and am brainstorming how to fertilize their brains to sprout wisdom and knowledge! I have ordered two more things to add to our school library. I ordered How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons for Joy-Anna to begin sometime this coming schoolyear. I also ordered ACE Reader. I am more excited about this as it's a computer program to help with reading proficiency and comprehension. I can't wait to get these to add to our fun days.

Our garden is looking very well! I am so excited about seeing things grow and nurturing the plants into producing much----produce for our larder. I was able to get out and hoe yesterday- the first day of hoeing. I got about 250' of rows done. I think I might get in another 200' or so today. We have green beans, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, watermelon, corn, radishes, carrots and lettuce growing or beginning to grow. Hopefully we can get in a late summer garden once this one is depleted as well. And then, we also have plans for a greenhouse too! That's for my Mother's Day present. Yay! Hopefully I can take pics of constructing this as well.

I am enjoying the benefits of freezer meals! Wow, how nice to pull out our entree' and just have to fix some sides. For instance, night before last I layed out a pan of barbque pork chops and macaroni and cheese. For lunch I baked the mac and cheese. We had leftovers and so I served the leftovers to go with the BBQ pork chops and just had to cook some beans for a veggie! Last night I layed out lasagna and pulled pork. We will have pulled pork sandwiches for lunch and lasagna for supper. I just have to heat the pulled pork, put the lasagna in the oven, bake garlic bread and make a salad. Wallah~ food is served! I think we'll have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch and chicken noodle soup for supper. I will just make some cornbread to go with the soup.

We ordered chicks at the end of this winter. They were to be in this week. But we are being told that it will be another month or so now. Turns out that a lot of people are wanting chicks now due to the economy. And so we are having to wait later in the year. We ordered 20 hens this time. I am excited to have many eggs next year!

Have a great day in God's goodness!

No comments: