Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Monday!

I am looking forward to beginning our new week. We are enjoying the summer days and are beginning our summer schedule. This will include joys of housework, play, gardenwork, play, Vacation Bible School, play, discipling, play...and did I mention play? LOL Well, actually it's not all that much play but it sounds good. We are still doing a slight hour of schooling daily. Wow that sounds soooooooo easy.

This week we have two birthdays to celebrate as well. I have started another tradition as well. With several birthdays being so close to one another we are abandoning the traditional cake idea. Now we have it to where the children can now choose their favorite birthday dessert. Samuel still wanted a traditional cake and Brittany has chosen cheesecake.

Saturday was a very full day. First thing we got ready to go to church and meet for breakfast and prayer meeting. Then off we went for a time of visitation. After visitation we ran by the store and then home for a much needed lunch. Then we all went outside and did garden work. James, Brittany, Dalton, Jesse, Bethany and myself picked beans. Samuel and Dalton pulled weeds. Joy-Anna and Gloria played. Then once inside the five oldest children snapped beans while Daddy and I took a nap with Joy-Anna and Gloria. After naptime James and I canned 14 quarts of beans and had over a quart left for eating on Sunday! I am thinking that on Wednesday or Thursday we'll need to pick another batch again. My goal is to can 100 or so quarts of beans.

We are still getting squash to eat. I haven't had enough to freeze just yet. But hopefully soon we can have enough to put away for the rest of the year. This will help me lessen our grocery budget considerably!

I wanted to list our routine for the day. So far things are going fairly well.

~Get up, quiet time,dress, shower, room chores(1hour)
~start laundry
~Breakfast and cleanup(1hour)
~rotate and fold laundry(1 hour)
~Break time(30 minutes)
~Garden work (30 minutes)
~Rotate and fold laundry
~lunchtime and cleanup, set table for supper(1 hour)
~quiet time/nap time/Britt does school, I plan VBS(1 1/2hours)
~Rotate and fold laundry
~phonics with Jesse and Bethany(30 minutes)
~read with Samuel, have Samuel write out syllable work (30 minutes)
~start supper(30 minutes)
~read to littles, sing song, play game(30 minutes)
~afternoon chores(quick pickup,LR cleanup, Bedroom day)
~Eat supper
~Go buy goodies for VBS
~come home, give baths, brush/floss teeth, relax and bedtime!

I trust that you all have a wonderful day with our Lord. My buzzers have rang so it's time for laundry and then lunch!

No comments: