Monday, July 20, 2009

First Day of School



This was how we started our day! I am telling you the honest truth, I am SO thankful for each of these children! They are all a delight to me and I am looking forward to this coming school year. Yes, new school year is right! We began school today. We've been off for almost two months and that is enough for this mommy. So, while our local public school won't be starting for another month, we went ahead and took the plunge. So this will give us time to take off later for those sick days, hooky days, or just those blah days. Besides, homeschool moms don't have substitute teachers to helps us out. We don't have planning periods aside from trying to sort things out with a house full of loud children. And then when it was quiet today what did I do? NAPPED! Can you believe it? I was sort of frustrated for my weakness but I really had to nap or I wasn't going to be worth a whole lot.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, school! So today we did for the most part a lot of organizing and getting into the groove of having that time set apart for learning. Most did some bookwork but as each day passes by we'll be into studies more and more. And fun studies they'll be! We are all ready for our journey this year. Here's to fun schooling!

2 comments:

Naturally Blessed Mama said...

How fun! You know, us moms deserve a nap every now and then. When I was pregnant with my last baby, I took a nap every day, and it was so wonderful, I miss those days....

We are on a 2 week break before we start back to school, we school year around, and scheduled these 2 weeks off to really get our home clean and organized.

May God bless your school year!

Sara

Denise said...

Your not alone-- we started back last week!!

What a great looking group of kiddos you have there-- :)

Enjoy your year-- any special topics or curriculum for this year?

We are Weavering and this year our main focus will be on the starting of a new Nation (Colonial days, and then Exodus-Deuteronomy).