Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Home Blessing Time

FlyLady sets her timer for 10 minutes to work on each of 7 tasks:
Vacuum
Dust
Mop
Polish Mirrors and Doors
Purge magazines
Change Sheets
Empty all trash

With a very busy life of homeschooling, cooking, cleaning and goals of a life closer to the Lord which includes church 3X weekly (total of about 3 hours travel), we are stretched! Things must be very regimented or things just exist and come to a standstill. NOT. GOOD. So I try to implement Flylady's plan to an extent and with some tweaking. Her plan seems to be a breeze---for a couple or a small family. For a family of nine? Not so much. So here's how I tweak the "weekly home blessing time".

First, Mrs. Marla instructs us to do this once a week. For us that's a big "ha-ha!". Even with all of the five minute pickup and and 1000 item boogies our house would be quite crazy with only one hour weekly cleaning. Here goes for one of our weekly sessions.

Session 1, done on Monday:

Vacuum 20 minutes
Dust 10 minutes
Mop 30 minutes
Polish mirrors and doors 10 minutes
Purge magazines, books, papers, etc. 10 minutes
Change sheets 20 minutes (we have 8 beds, this is w/ 2 people working)
Empty all trash 10 minutes

For Session 2, I make a list and have it ready for us to do usually on Fridays but sometimes on Saturday. I have posted this before here on my blog. When I write/type the list I delegate who does what.

So, Flylady's good but for us with some tweaking. She certainly puts things into perspective and motivates. If you haven't ever tried her and need her, I suggest you get started!

Oh, and the shoe thing.....it's true! It REALLY is. It's hard to admit as I love barefootedness but you know, I feel less lazy with shoes(that lace up, not sandles or slingy shoes) and I am sure that I look less lazy too. :)

No comments: