Friday, October 8, 2010

My Day of "Rest"

So here is Friday! I am sort of preparing to have a day of rest. I say sort of because I think I'll have to slowly work into this idea. :) Here are some things I hope to have done by say....5:00pm or 6:00pm tonight.

~For some reason I just cannot really rest when the house seems to be in havoc. So I have been doing some straightening and cleaning. So the house won't be perfect but it will be presentable. I will still do light maintenance- wipe here and sweep there.

~laundry: I really need to make sure we all have enough socks, undies, and clothes to last till Monday. I usually do a load of wash on Sunday afternoons and will probably stick to that. This afternoon I want to get all of our clothes picked out and ironed for Sunday. Also we have church visitation tomorrow and will work at getting those clothes picked out as well.

~ meals: Tonight we will have pizza. I usually head into the kitchen about 4:00 every afternoon to begin evening food prep and kithen chores. So I will work on pizza for tonight, and soup for tomorrow night. For breakfast in the morning we will be eating at church and we'll have leftovers for lunch. I'll put on a crockpot of beans and have cornbread baked for a simple snack tomorrow. Yes, we like a bowl of beans for a snack.:) I think that freezer meals would come in super handy for those who chose to take a day of rest. Oh, also I hope to make a quick trip out to purchase paper plates. That's a BIG treat at our house. If I can get it at a good price I just might buy some soda too. If not I'll make some tea ahead of time and have it in the fridge.

~ Hopefully I'll get the boys out to clean the van this afternoon. This will help greatly as that's an usual Saturday chore.

I can't think of much else which is a good thing because I need to go do this list. :) For all who choose to have a day of rest, I pray the Lord blesses you in it. And for those who don't, I pray the Lord helps you with all your work.

Happy weekend to all!

No comments: