On the Jeub family blog, a fabulous post is on about tips for running a family/household. You might want to check it out. Their link is on my sidebar. Also, they asked if anyone had any more tips to share. Here's my list.
1. Make planned leftovers for meals.
2. Delight in your children’s faces, thoughts and cares instead of the television, phone or computer.
3. Communicate with each child.
4. Have a plan for everything.
5. Have a checklist of how to basically clean each room posted on each room’s door for the children to follow.
6. If a child is too small to help, find something for them to do anyway just to make them feel worthy.
7. Instead of just reading Jesus to your children, live Jesus to your children.
8. Love your hubby in front of your babies. It will make them happy and secure.