Tuesday, September 6, 2011


Meatloaf

Okay, seriously, I don't know why we took this picture of some meatloaf I made but we did! I guess if you practically live in your kitchen, you take pictures of what's going on in there. :D

Wowser, this has been another busy few days. Let's see, where did we leave off? Oh yes, Friday.... Okay, on Saturday we got up, dressed and went to church. The family and I cleaned the church while James went with some other men of the church to go do some ministry work. After we cleaned church, we went over to some friends house and had lunch there and visited. James met up with us there when he was done. We had a great visit!

Afterwards we made a few quick stops to some grocery stores as we needed to get ready for company on Sunday. Our nephew and his sweet family was coming to visit with us Sunday afternoon! Yay! He has been in Afghanistan and recently returned back. So our evening was filled with cooking and getting ready for company. We had roast for supper.

On Sunday, our day went like this: Sunday School, church, store, home with company, choir practice, and then church. SO MUCH FUN! We had a great visit with family and got to catch up on our lives together. We had baked chicken, green beans, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, gravy and rolls. Next time we see them will be Christmas.
For supper we had leftovers from dinner.

Monday, James worked his second job and we had a usual day...chores, school and cooking. For lunch we had quesdillas that consisted of leftover roast. YUMMY!
For supper we had a casserole with the leftovers from Sunday. It's in the winter edition of Taste of Home magazine, 2009. I think it's called "Creamy Chicken Bake" or something like that. Neat thing is that most of the ingredients left over from Sunday went into the casserole! I used leftover Velveeta cheese, chicken, and gravy. It was tasty and was glad to stretch the groceries. :D

Here we are on Tuesday. James is off today and tomorrow so we are enjoying time with him. We didn't have school today since we had school yesterday and yesterday was Labor Day. We planned to take today off with James. James and I ran some errands and just worked a bit around the house. I was reading on a message board about canning meat. It had been a long while since I had so I canned 5 quarts of beef stew meat. The pressure's coming down now on the canner so it will be fun to see how they turn out. Now I want to can some vegetable soup as a convienance food...maybe even some chicken noodle. I've never canned that before. For lunch we had tacos and I have already dumped the leftovers in a pot along with the other ingredients needed to have taco soup. This will be for lunch tomorrow.

For supper tonight we are grilling some ribs, squash casserole and some leftover cabbage and sweet peas. I am looking forward to supper as we rarely have ribs.

Okay, so that catches us up for now. As for the children, they are doing great....mean as ever! ;D As the days are getting cooler and with more rain, they can't quite understand why this cold natured mom(I catch a chill at anything below 74*) won't let them go swimming. Maybe they can get in a few more swims before fall really sets in. If not, we'll enjoy the new season the Lord has given us.


Have a great evening in the Lord!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You have been busy. I like when leftovers will make a totally different meal.

We have been cooling down into the upper 40s at night.

I need to can some more meat, but first I need to see how many canning jars I might need to buy.

Have a great day.

~Cheryl

Cathy said...

Hi Susan,
Yummy...I love meatload, it's my favorite!!
Always love reading about your days.
Love ya friend,
Cathy