Saturday, March 10, 2012

Yard Sale



Well, we were able to venture out this morning, bright and early. It was quite cool this morning but nothing we couldn't handle with some jackets. Afterall, we were the ones able to hop in and out of the warm van in between stops. It was the ones holding the sales that were really cool!

We had a lot of fun looking and were able to purchase a lot of "junk"! :D

I spent about $25 today. That was what I expected. Above is a pic of our purchases.

I bought a couple of brand new candles, a few terra cotta pots and planters for the yard. Metal shelves for outside to put planters on, a few candle holders, a hook rack to hang on the wall, lighted lantern(after replacing bulb, it works!), a bathroom rug, pastry roller, book, two berry wreaths, 1 fall pumpkin, 3 cute snowmen, 2 play grocery carts for the little girls, a toy Jacob's ladder, a children's metal board with ABC magnets to go with, an adorable Flour tin with recipes on it... some of which I plan on trying out and last but not least, a pretty Thermos carafe to hold my coffee! So, I'll save between 3-5 T. of coffee, daily, by making that $1 purchase. That's money well spent. This would have set me back about $25 to buy new. That is how much I paid for everything you see here!

So we got back at about 11:00am, had lunch, relaxed, I took a nap, we put everything away, did a little laundry, did a little straightening, cooked supper, made granola for in the morning and began preparing food for tomorrow's dinner after church.

This was a very fun Saturday and a day well spent. Have a blessed Sunday in the Lord.

3 comments:

April said...

I like your finds!! Pretty wreath.

Cathy said...

Susan,
I just LOVE those fall wreaths.
Great going on such great finds.
Love ya friend,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got some really neat things. Way to go!

~Heather~