Tips on a yard sale spree:
1. list of items needed or wanted
2. list of everyone's sizes you're planning on buying for
3. measuring tape-- this is used a lot. You can measure length of dresses/skirts, shoes, items to see if they will fit in your vehicle, etc.
4. plenty of change. It's easier to have change instead of having to break dollars. The ones having the yard sales will thank you!
5. Bring something to drink. When I had one, I'd bring a thermos with coffee in it.
Bring water or whatever else anyone wants to drink while going. That way you don't stop and spend $$$.
6. If you have one, it's good to carry your license, money, etc. in a pouch that you attach around the waist. That way you aren't lugging a purse around and it makes for faster getting in and out of vehicle. :D
7. Wear good appropriate clothing. Comfortable footwear is key. Especially when you have to sprint to an item in a hurry. This is vital in case of the item being in high demand by other potential buyers.
8. Elbow, knee pads and helmet to cause less injury in case of a fight over an item. JUST KIDDING!!!
9. Last but should be listed first, prayers. Pray before you leave your house and pray specifically for what you want or need. In that, I am not kidding. :D