Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tuesday

We did a fair amount of school. Still I want to pick it up the next three days. Math, grammar and spelling are my main targets right now. I also need to pull out some oceanography books for when we head to the beach later next week. Also, I need to look up some things on Charleston history.

Next week we plan on going to a church camp meeting for three days and then be around Charleston for over two days. We will be camping in a tent the later part of the week. So we are coming up with lists...lists for meals, lists of things to take, lists of things to buy when we get there. We also have to pack church clothes for three days and everyday clothes for three days. Wow! :D

So we stayed busy yesterday. There was a lot of kitchen work and I cleaned the mud room. I mopped that room, the dining room and also the kitchen again. It seems that room needs a swipe of the mop each day. Dalton kept the living room presentable. Brittany worked on laundry.

The weather has been so nice lately. The garden is growing very well and our tomato plants have blooms. Tonight we have a frost advisory so we'll be covering the tomatoes and potato plants. I may cover up some of the other plants but since the first two are most tropical, they need covering the most. I think after tonight we'll be free and clear of frost, Lord willing.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

We still have about a month of potential frost. I can't believe you will be camping already. While it is warmer here in the valleys, the mountains are still way too cold.

I hope that you have a wonderful week and are able to relax and enjoy some great family time.

~Cheryl

donna said...

We still have a chance of frost until May 20th. How exciting to have tomatoes already in bloom. I hope you all have a great trip. Enjoy your day and God bless.

Cathy said...

Hi Susan,
We had to cover our little garden boxes up tonight also. Sure don't want frost to get our squash and corn.
Love ya friend,
Cathy