Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ugh! Seriously, I am trying to post my schedule on here but am having trouble. A fellow blogger had asked for others to share their schedules, particularly cleaning schedules. So I wanted to share mine. Until I can figure out how to do that, I will post this.

What helps our family to keep the household running in a semi-orderly fashion is to split up the areas/rooms into days to clean in more detail:

Monday: living room
Tuesday: kitchen
Wednesday: laundry room and playroom
Thursday: bedrooms and porches
Friday: bathrooms and school room
Saturdays are used however seems most useful.

Every day I have what I call "floor time". This is the time that I mop a floor. We then may also vacuum or sweep some areas too. The floors need constant attention and so I have a constant time for this each day.

We have a morning routine (woo- hoo, Flylady!) where we get up, dressed, make bed, swish, swipe and sweep bathroom, and boot the laundry.

We have a night routine of getting ready for the next day by picking out clothes and my mentally preparing myself for the day ahead, whether it be dental appointments, school, church, etc.

We big girls do our thing! That means that currently Brittany (17) and I split up the laundry and kitchen clean up duties. She does one and I do the other, rotating weeks. The kitchen duties mainly include washing the big dishes, wiping counters, etc.

The loading and unloading of the dishwasher is rotated amongst us each day.
Monday: Mama (so I can catch up on the weekend mess)
Tuesday: Brittany
Wednesday: Bethany
Thursday: Jesse
Friday: Samuel
Saturday: Dalton
Sunday: We are usually gone but if anything gets done it is by me.

As far as the garden, in the busy months I try to weed and pick two rows a day. Our rows are about 85 feet long so this keeps me busy. Then I bring in the produce, can and freeze the bounty. Fortunately for me (PRAISE GOD!), this heavy season is not during the school year. While we do some light school in the summer, it is not as involved as during the other nine or so months.

Each child has their own thing they do each day. That should be clear when you see the schedule...if I can figure out how to post it. Ha!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Susan, thank you SO much dear sister for sharing your routine. I LOVED it. I even clicked on the pic to have it enlarged and was able to read your schedule. I like how you had it typed out for us to read also though. I SO love having a weekly schedule. It make me feel like a Proverbs 31 Woman. I'm hoping to get a garden started again this year. I used to have one at our old home but never planted one here...I'm even thinking of getting a clothes line back up. Had one at the old home but not this one...I love how the Lord changes our hearts, gives us wisdom and discernment on how to truly make our house a home. A haven for our loved ones. Blessings.