Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quiet

Yesterday was a wonderful day of rest for me. I didn't realize how much I needed, and how I hope to re-create this rest more often. James took the children out fishing a few hours before lunch and then again in the afternoon. I was all alone in the morning. All alone. It was soooooooooo quiet. I don't ever remember such quiet. The last time I was all alone like that, I was sick so it wasn't the same. What did I do? I read. I read my Bible in quiet. I read excerpts for books in quiet. I sat and listened to...quiet. I worked a little in the garden, loaded the dishwasher, wrestled with the washing machine and hung out laundry....in the quiet. I guess that you don't remember what quiet is when you have years of  no quiet. Don't get me wrong. I love my children dearly but it's good to have a slight break from anything. Even good things. In the afternoon there was only the 14 year old here with me. He worked on the computer quietly. I took a nap, in the quiet. Wow. I felt soooo rested last night. I don't remember feeling so rested and didn't think it even possible. I thought age was catching up with me. Could it be that I was just tired and needed rest? My face looks more rested as well.  Odd. Anyway, so I think James has more fishing trips lined up with the children a few hours here and there. I also need to get the children to bed sooner and my getting up sooner so that I won't forget what quiet sounds like! :D

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

It is amazing what some rest will do for you. I am glad that you got some quiet time. I do get some in the morning after Harold leaves and before the girls get up. It is nice.

Have a wonderful day with your family.

~Cheryl

Cathy said...

Hi Susan,
Have enjoyed your posts over the past several days.
Your garden is looking GREAT!!
Quiet time is always so special...time to reflect.
Have a blessed day my dear friend.
Love ya,
Cathy

April said...

Wow! What a treat! Glad you got some good rest!