Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Summer!

Yesterday was the first day of summer and, boy, was it pretty warm! This is my favorite time of year. Yes, there's grass to be mowed, gardens to be worked, canning and freezing, snakes and bugs... But then again, I like gardening, late evenings, being warm, swimming, no coats to wear, thinner clothes, playing outside, less school, flowers, butterflies, hummingbirds, picnics, camping, Smores.... yeah, summer's my favorite time of year.

These days have been filled with cooking, chores, swimming, gardening. Somehow I need to fit in those summer school lessons I had planned. It's just that being off from school is so much fun! I must be disciplined and teach those lessons for the children's sake. :D I know I'll be glad I did when the new school year rolls around again.

Gardening is going alright. Our garden looks like a weedy jungle right now. We are about to take some more plants out soon. I think we'll be removing the corn stalks and squash. Hopefully we(a-hem, James) can run the tiller in there Saturday. I am picking peas, butter beans, cucumbers and tomatoes right now. I picked some banana peppers the other day and pickled one jar. We have okra in bloom and I hope to freeze and pickle a lot of that too.

Whelp, that's it for now.

Have a great day in the Lord!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

We were not very hot here, yesterday. Today we are supposed to get into the mid 90s. We have been busy with raspberries. Our spinach and Swiss chard are about done.

Have a wonderful day with your family.

~Cheryl