Friday, August 24, 2012

Thursday 8/23



(washing Daisy. Isn't she the cutest dog you've ever seen?)
Yesterday was a very long and hard day. I got up as usual and got ready to go to the hospital. Mama came by at 8:00am.I drove from there. It takes about 40-45 minutes to get to the hospital from here. We arrived a little before 9am, right on time. There were so many people having surgery yesterday! There were at least 60 people in the waiting room, waiting on patients. Some were alone like me and some had 4-5 people together.

She gets called back at almost 10am and was prepped to go back. Once everything was said and done we said our goodbyes and I went to the waiting room with beeper in hand. You are given a beeper and anytime it flashes, you go to the desk to get updates, etc. You are not allowed to go off too far from the waiting room for this reason. There is a screen that scrolls with the physician's name, the patient's  number and where the patient is. So I knew how long Mama was in surgery, etc.

Mama was in surgery twice as long as it should have been. Apparently her anatomy as far as veins are flip-flopped. So she got her port on the right side versus the left just as she wished. The fee was a bruised chest on both sides of her body. This is why the surgery took longer.

When I was called back to see her, she was not doing good at all and they were about to keep her overnight. Finally things calmed down(she was coughing up blood and blood pressure was extremely low) and the doctor released her. We walked out of the hospital walls at 4:30pm and should have been out at about 12-1pm. We stopped to get her meds, which took another 45 minutes. When I got her to her house, we waited for Daddy to come home from work and we all loaded in his truck and we brought me home. It was after 7pm then.

Brittany had cooked most of the supper and I just made some instant potatos and microwaved broccoli to go with. I think the tiredest out of everyone was Mama, Brittany and me. We all worked hard!

We ate supper, I watched a little tv. Made sure the children were settled and then went to bed.

3 comments:

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

42I am sure you all are glad that day is over. Praying that she does well. God bless.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I hope that things go better for your Mama from now on and that things will be easier on you too. Nancy

Cathy said...

Susan,
Sure have been praying for your mama and for all of you. I know this is a difficult time, but I know your faith will see you through.
Thinking of you my friend and love ya,
Cathy