Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 22, 2012

This morning we go in for Mama to have the surgery. Her port is to be put in. I am kind of nervous. I know Mama will be.

Yesterday started with giving Joy happy birthday wishes and have breakfast. We had fried egg sandwiches. We gave her presents of a bunch of dress-up clothes (yay, thrift stores!), a princess watch and a little Cinderella play set. With some of her birthday money she bought some Disney Bella shoes to wear with her dress up clothes. She does good sharing her dress up clothes with her sisters. They have a good time playing that together.

James put up some things on the walls in the livingroom, I instructed where what went and then it was time to go with Mama to the hospital. The family had lunch of hot dogs when I left. We left here at 12:35 to get there at 1:30. We arrived 15 minutes before time. They took her back for her pre-op at 1:30. We were in there until 3:00. The nurse was constantly working with her, drawing blood, EKG, chest x-ray, weight, bp, etc. When we left there we went by the financial counselor's office, on to get gas, stop by drug store and come home. It was 4:15 when I came in.

Brittany (God bless her!) had started Joy-Anna's birthday cake and James grilled burgers. I gave the girls a bath. They also got some bubble bath as a birthday treat. I got them dressed. We had our burgers and birthday dessert and then it was off to church. The sermon was very good as always. Our Pastor puts a lot of time in studying. After we left church we went to Walmart. I picked up some crackers, fig bars and some water to have for surgery today. I suspect we'll be there past lunch so I will need something to eat/drink.

We came home, had a little snack and went to bed after 11pm.

1 comment:

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

I pray that all goes well with your mom and her surgery. God bless.