Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for Samuel. He is slowly on the mend and eating a little more each day. I think the last time he got sick was yesterday (Friday) morning. I hope he move forward with recovery and that no one else gets it! I would think that we would be passed that point by now but who knows. He has lost between 7 and 11 pounds! His eyes still look weak. I am having him to slowly get into the groove of chores each day. I am probably babying him more than I should but this is the worst I think I've ever seen him sick.

This past week was okay with school but could have been better if we had not had sickness in the house. Today I am organizing books and hopefully pinning our routines, chore charts, menus, etc. on a corkboard of which I want to put somewhere here in the diningroom. If I could affix it to the side of the fridge, that would be great! I will have to explore my options there.

I am going to try the bookbag method of storing our books to see if it will work better than our current method. I am tired of the daily looking for books, notebooks, pens, pencils, protractors, etc.!

This past week, chore-wise, was just a catch up week. I am beginning to feel more at peace with getting back to our previous schedule/routines/chore assignments. For a little while I will be taking Mama to the hospital once a week so my time will be more open.

I haven't had much time to think of ways to save more on electricity. Well, I have been watching how much the faucets are running when we are brushing teeth, bathing, washing dishes, etc. We are on well water so the water is "free" per se but we it does cost to run the pump. I am still going through and turning off lights a lot or reminding others to do so.

Have a great weekend in the Lord!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am so glad that he is doing better. That sounds like what Emily had two weeks before she went to college. She lost 10 pounds.

Hopefully no one else will be sick.

Have a wonderful evening with your family.

~Cheryl

Susan said...

Cheryl, I actually thought about Emily when Samuel was sick. I remember you posting something about her lying on the floor. Samuel did the EXACT same thing. It is scary.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Samuel is better Susan! Praying you have a productive and peaceful week.

~Heather~

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

I am glad Samuel is feeling better. It is so hard to see them sick. You were mentioning ways to save on electriciy and I was wondering if you have a clothes drying rack. Hubby made us one and it really saves on using the dryer. I hope you have a good day and God bless.