Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy Tuesday!

Wow, time goes fast. It's been a week since I blogged last. We've been busy with these last weeks of the school year. Also, on Saturday we went to some yard sales. I found some good deals. Maybe I'll take some picks when I get around to posting some pics of the hoosier type cabinet.

As for groceries in April. I stayed right at $455 for the month. I am thrilled with that! My main goals as of late is to make sure I use cash instead of the debit card. I want to use the debit card only at the gas pumps. So, I will have an envelope for household and another for groceries. What's left over can hopefully go into another envelope for a special treat....maybe a small camping trip or something.....but with yard sale season here, I may be using the leftovers for that. Ha!

I did a very big grocery trip this past Friday and have a balance to go toward May already. We went to Aldi and found some great days there! I was able to rack up on some of the produce deals there. Their oranges are so good and are as sweet as candy. Yummy!

We have revival services this week from Wednesday through Sunday. I am soooo excited for this. Only thing is that our littlest has a fever and now a sore throat. Blah! I was hoping that this was going to pass by the little ones. At least four of us has come down with a bad cold. It's been going all around. I'll be glad to get rid of it and hope it flees before tomorrow night... the fever anyway.

Okay, I'd better go and get going. I have to do some banking, pump gas and and stop in at the post office.We have school and chores as well. We have 14 days of school left (counting today). Oh, I may go by the feed and seed store as well.  Have a blessed day in the Lord!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Susan,
I bought 2 bags of the oranges at Aldi too and you are right...they are sweet as sugar and delicious. :) Sam even commented on them being the best oranges he's ever tasted and he brought home oodles of oranges when he drove in Florida. Can't beat the price either. Lol. ;)
Beth

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Sorry you are having sickness in your family. That is no fun! Especially when you want to go somewhere. I like going to Aldi's too. Hope all is well soon. Nancy