Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Catching Up

Hello all of my blogging friends! I trust that you are doing well! The Lord has been gracious and gives me more than I deserve. :D Here's a blog of random to catch up on what's going on in our home and family.

~Last week we headed to a camp meeting that we go to every year. The preaching and singing was a blessing. I hope to put a little up on my YouTube channel once I capture time to do it.

~We had spring break last week and while not at the camp meeting, we enjoyed a little time of tennis and relaxing. We also had some friends over on Friday.

~We had a tire misbehaving on the way back from camp meeting. On Saturday James and I went to get it repaired, thinking that it just needed balancing. As it turns out, it was about to BLOW! Mr. Tire Man showed us how it was bulging and how it could have blown out at any time. God is gracious to have kept us from being in a wreck.

~ While at the tire repair place, we headed over the the yard sale next door. There seems to be a yard sale at this same location, in a parking lot every week. I spotted a hoosier type cabinet and got all giddy. Anyone that knows me well knows that I've wanted either a pie safe or a hoosier cabinet as my "china cabinet" for quite a few years now. So, low and behold, there was one at this sale. Albeit, it is in terrible shape but we got it for $60. We plan to fix it up and while it is in bad shape now, I enjoy seeing it in our dining room. We are going to be doing some stripping and sanding but, boy howdy, I am thrilled! This can be my Mother's Day, Christmas and birthday in one for all I care. :D

~ We have 19 days of school left, counting today. I. AM. SO. EXCITED. :D Granted, in the summer we'll still focus on science and I'll continue with phonics. The rest of the summer, I plan on us tying stronger ties with one another, enjoying the Lord's goodness and striving to walk in His will better every day.

~ As for gardening, we have potatoes, onions and corn growing. I think that's about it right now. We need to do some tomatoes, squash, cucumbers and okra. Once we harvest our potatoes and corn, we'll put in some beans and peas.

~James' work is going well. He is still on 5 days a week but we figure it won't be too long that they will switch him to 4 days. When it gets warm here, the slow season begins.

~ I repainted our front porch furniture. I need another can or red painting to finish our metal glider. I painted it red and white. I think it's super cute. We also painted the porch floor. I wiped down the siding under the porch as well. This was all done in a day and I couldn't imagine being more tired than I was that evening! It was all worth it though. It's like another room to me now. We bought some ferns for $6 each and set those out as well.

Okay, I have a wee one wanting cereal poured so I must go. Have a blessed day in the Lord!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have always like the looks of hoosier cabinets. I hope you post a picture when you get it done.

So glad that your tire did not blow.

Have a wonderful day with your family.

~Cheryl

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

How nice to fine a Hoosier cabinet even tho it needs fixing up. It will be lovely! Sounds like you are getting prepared and excited about summer! Glad your tire didn't blow! God is good! Nancy

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

I love red outdoor furniture. Maybe you will show us a picture of your porch. I am hinting (very strongly) that I would like a fern for mother's day. We'll see. I also look forward to seeing a picture of your cabinet. Maybe before and after pictures. Enjoy your day and God bless.