Friday, October 4, 2013

Budget Time!!!!

I have a new grocery challenge for our family and I am so excited! I thought this would be a fun place to share the adventure. Please ignore my budgeting ramblings if this is not your thing. My feelings won't be hurt.

What's the plan? I am glad you asked! The plan is to spend $360 a month for all food and non food products NOT INCLUDING PET FOOD on a consistent basis. This is for our family of nine. The children are ages five up to nineteen. This is called a challenge for a reason. 

What are my strategies? Well, there are several. Where do I start? Okay, I am breaking our budget into four shopping weeks at $90 a week. Here's the breakdown of a two month plan that will rotate.

MONTH ONE

Week 1:  bread bakery store, sales
Week 2:   salvage store
Week 3: sales
Week 4: sales

Month 2:

Week 1: ChefStore
Week 2: salvage store
Week 3: sales
Week 4: sales

This is the basic plan. These weeks are not in order as I have no way of knowing which weeks will have good sales. This is just a layout of each month. When there are no good sales, that is when we go to the salvage store,etc. If we already have been to the salvage store, etc. that month and there are still no good sales then we will buy the few items that we need for the week and carry the money over to the next week. Patience, my friend,... patience!

I have started this plan this week. I am most excited about the whole thing. I think I can do this!  I will post about the first week in another post.

No comments: