Saturday, February 8, 2014

Farmer's Market

I spent a total of $540 for January. I went way over but still not terribly. I just calculated and I have spent an average of $505 the last four months. I hope to have the average down to $475 the end of February. We just had a big farmer's market trip at the SC Farmer's Market. This place is oneof my favorite places to shop.  http://scstatefarmersmarket.com/

I enjoy catching a lot of produce deals here. Today I bought potatoes (50lbs), cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, apples  and kale. Each of these comes either by the bushel, 25 or 50 pounds allotments. It turns out that it's best for us to go every two months. So, needless to say I have my work cut out for me later with putting all this stuff away. Most goes in the freezer, some under the house and some in the refrigerator. 
Modify message

4 comments:

April said...

I didn't realize you could get such a variety in February! Yummy!Way to go!

Cozy Seaside Homemaker said...

Wow! That sounds like a great idea. When you put the food under the house - how do you store it? We have a crawl space under our house, but I've never stored much there.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Wow! That is a lot of produce to take care of. How nice that you can that at the market this time of year! Nancy

vicki said...

I do wish we had a farmer's market like that close by! Our farmers market prices are way higher than the grocery store.

:)Vicki