Monday, September 23, 2019

Who Am I?


It just occured to me that perhaps it is a good idea to make sure you know a little about us. I am a Christian homeschool mom and homemaker of seven children. I am 48 and have been married almost 30 years. We have seven children and one grandchild and another on the way. We live in South Carolina.  My oldest daughter lives in Virginia with her wonderful husband and son. We see each other as often as we can. We still have five at home. Our 20 year old son moved out earlier this year. I have to say that I still have not gotten used to the idea of having children old enough to move away and it is not my favorite part of life.

I am a homemaker who loves the Lord. We are members of our local church and are thankful that God put us where we are. Church is a huge part of our lives. I know that the Lord puts us here for the purpose to serve and finding that way in service is a gift. It's a gift that shifts with the seasons of life and a need to be sensitive to. No matter what, though, we should always point towards Jesus. Jesus is everything.

I enjoy seeing the beauty in all of God's creation. I enjoy plants and everything to do with plants... the smell of soil, the excitement of seeing plants sprout with the promise of new beginnings, the work that goes into tending the garden, the sunshine beaming down and how it warms the earth, the rain that falls to add moisture and nutrients back into the earth, the sound of breezes rushing through the leaves, the blooms and then the fruit that soon follows. It is all a beautiful process of which I am thankful for.

I enjoy creating things and being productive. I don't like being like stagnant waters that sit to only to go rancid and spoil. I enjoy being like flowing waters and swirling around seeing what can be done to make life better. My ways of creativity have varied over time in many ways....gardening, raising chickens, decorating, sewing, needleworks, painting, drawing, writing, baking, cooking and developing the art of cleaning the home. Many of these ways ebb and flow but yet some I may not ever do again.




No comments: