Monday, October 31, 2005

New (hopefully good) Beginnings


This week began with a new work schedule for James. As it turns out he had his first day off in a long time on this new schedule. We really enjoyed having him around today. He was able to get a few things done around here that he and I wanted. Firstly being, repairing the high dollar, top of the line, "low maintenance" dishwasher that isn't old at all. It would not drain and was leaking onto the floor. There's this filter in the bottom that periodically has to be cleaned. I just wonder if we could take the thing out. I mean, do I really have to make sure that the dishes are all "particle free" before I put them in the dishwasher? Would it take much longer just to whip them through the sink and be done with it if I must go to great measures to make sure the dishwasher won't get clogged. Having many types of curriculums for each subject and with three children has finally caught up with me. I think next year I will begin the oldest with Christian Light's lighunits on ALL SUBJECTS. Boring, ay? I have high anxiety about the straight curriculum issue but am beginning to feel it's a neccessity. Besides, we were thinking of using Christian Light's high school program and have the children's diplomas issued from them. I like the idea of having a diploma from someone other than us. It will all be legitimate but I feel as if I can say to anyone, "yes they graduated with my teaching them and under good standards and yes they passed testing directed under another party besides myself and also recieved a diploma for those standards." Christian Light has very reasonable fees for all of the services they provide in their program. We had dinner over at my parents' house after church yesterday. We had a great time visiting and chatting and of course the food was excellent. We haven't had a chance to go over since last Christmas. Besides leftovers they gave us their old croquet set and some houseplants. The croquet set is one I played with when I was a little girl. So, needless to say, it's quite old right down to the retro 70s colors but still in very good condition. Worship services were very good yesterday. The sermon fit the bill for me yesterday morning on being discouraged/ being an encourager. I know I fall short on both parts lately. I really do enjoy going to worship the King! Well, James is due for another day off on Friday and so these next three days are going to be intense with school. This way we can have it as a light day on Friday. I don't know why, but we all seem to be more content with heavier school loads. The more structure we have in our family, the better. So tonight I will work up a mini agenda to follow. Hopefully things will run smoothly.

No comments: