Thursday, October 20, 2005

Oct. 20, 2005 - Rambling


Today we girls are going to get our hair trimmed. The lady who trims it knows how we feel about ladies and long hair and she does a very good job. I am excited to get out a bit and to also have the dry ends snipped. It doesn't ever look different but certainly does feel different!

School is going quite swimmingly. I am glad to be getting into the groove again and so we can get on with the year. It's hard to get up to speed after taking a break. I really need to sit down with the record book and write in all of our doings for the week. We did so many things and I want to make sure that I don't forget anything and get it all recorded. I have done much better this year than in past years with being diligent in keeping it up to date. Another new thing I've done this year is I keep everything recorded in the same book for all three students. I have a colored pen for each child(ex. Brittany is pink, Dalton is green, Samuel is orange). For the shared projects, I record it in black and put a dot for the color of the child who participated. For instance, we played Scrabble Monday evening and so when I record it in the book, I will write Scrabble under spelling/vocab in black and then a pink dot for Britt and a green dot for Dalton. This new system keeps my sanity instead of keeping up with three record books. I may keep three students- max per book and when adding more students start a second record book.
Today I enforced a rule to the two older children that if they speak harshly toward a sibling that they will have to serve that sibling by doing one of their chores. I may just let that offended sibling pick which chore they want to hand over. This was enforced this morning and so far, so good! Although, I know it's coming! I just know it! I will be tested and I shall prevail! I really think it's a nasty bad habit that I allowed to go too far.It's all mine and James' fault but we will fix the matter. You know, our children have really good hearts---I can see that and this is just a bump in the road that we have to smooth away.
Tonight I think I'll make pizza. Everyone here loves homemade pizza. I may stop at the store on the way home and pick up some pepperoni. The guys all love it here. Oh, and I need to fix a salad as well. Yummmm!

No comments: