Thursday, December 15, 2005

This Morning's Journey


This morning I went on a little journey while cleaning our bedroom some. I was cleaning the dresser off and noticed the crib up against the wall, parked where it has been for years. The same one we have discussed taking down so many times to only find out we've been blessed again. Yes, with the crib being out of our small bedroom it should would be roomier. But, no, the crib stays. After coming home from the hospital after delivering Martha Joy, James mentioned taking it down. I said, "No, not just yet. I'm not ready". So it has sat with maternity clothes piled in, baby girl clothes piled in and various baby things. So this morning I slowly walk over and begin pulling out the things and handling each piece with care. I thought of the baby sling that I just loved carrying my babies in, to be ever near to my heart. I looked at the bobby type pillow I bought at a yard sale to nurse the baby. Thinking of what was to be and never will be. I layed them out on the bed intending to stash them away in the closet, not too far back though...just in case... After the crib was emptied I had the urge to fold some baby blankets out neatly and hang on the back of the crib. I sighed and thought. No, it's not time to put these things away just yet...not yet. So with great hope and a prayer I layed each piece carefully back in, one by one, rearranging the things to suit me. My oldest son comes in and asks if I am getting things ready for our new baby. I smile and say, " I sure do hope so." He says, " I do too, Mama". So the crib stays, the baby things stay, the "eternity" clothes stay. I am content in my Redeemer. He still carries me.

No comments: