Tuesday, January 17, 2006

SC Aquarium

We were able to take a day trip and visit the aquarium in Charleston. That was a lot of fun. So much to see! I am hoping to touch on sea life some today for science to top off what we observed. The Lord's creation is always mind boggling. He is truly God! I'm always amazed how He created all this in six days.

So, we have much school to do before heading to the dentist office this afternoon. I have one who loves to go, one who doesn't and one who doesn't care either way. Then next time we will have the next one to join the group for checkups.

I've already gotten Dalton's math done and Brittany's Bible. Now off to finish the rest before lunch. Work, work, work! We have much to get through before we finish up in May. I am pressing through this and it's a challenge. The main challenge is the math. I have skipped fractions with Brittany and moved on to geometry. After she gets her multiplication down quicker then we'll return to fractions. I think my main mistake with her math was to have her memorize skip counting for multiplication and she never weaned off from it. So she still wants to skip count EVERY time. So, I said, "Forget the skip counting and memorize these flash cards!" Skip counting is good to a point but I won't do it for learning multiplication again. Dalton's math comes along easily except that it's computerized and it takes him a bit to type it all in. Next year EVERYTHING will be in workbooks. Glory to God! I can't wait. LOL

No comments: