Sunday, February 26, 2006

Homeschool Planning for 06/07



Okay, so I bailed out on using a straight curriculum for next year. Compromise can be good in some situations! I am using half CLP and the other half is going to be another eclectic school year. Being eclectic is in my blood. So, here's the rundown for next school year. The only thing I see that could change after I have curriculum in hand is the math. After I get it next week I can review and see if it's what we are looking for. Unfortunately, we don't have a great homeschool fair around here to go to. James and I are toying with the idea of traveling to a good one someday.

Language Arts, Preschool, Reading, Math, and Art: Christian Light
Geography: The Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide
History: Mystery of History II
Science: 7th grader is doing Apologia Science and the others are doing Scientist's Apprentice along with many unit studies and just reading out of Abeka textbooks.
Bible: We will continue with SOW curriculum but SOW is actually designed to be a whole curriculum for all subjects except for math, I believe. So we will be doing a lot of writing on topics and characters from the Bible.

Also, I think I may start back on Five in a Row. I used this with our first two but not with the younger ones yet.

I think that's it. I really think I have it all covered so far. Now to get the stuff so I can start planning for us to begin in June. I am so excited!

No comments: