Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A sin to you...still a sin to me?


With priorities always on my mind I have been pondering what's important in the area of budgeting and finance. I am a couponing person and love to catch freebies and good deals. While this is good, it can be very time and energy consuming. Trying to save money is an act of good stewardship. Can not saving money be an act of good stewardship? What about not just stewardship of money but of time? What about time that could be possibly taken away from your husband, children or housework. What about from the LORD? You see, while not saving money to some could be a sin... spending too much time trying to save money can be a sin as well. I think it's all about listening to the Lord and being in his spirit understand what should be a priority at the time. At one time I felt I needed to save every dime possible. Right now I feel I need every minute possible. What was once sin to ME is not a sin anymore. Doing the opposite could be quite a sin. Of course seasons change and budgets change.

I am just thankful for Aldi. If it weren't for Aldi and Sam's it might still very well be a sin for me not to be on my toes about every sale. I still keep my ear out but it doesn't consume Tuesday and Wednesday mornings like it once did(about an hour total, really). Now, we go about twice a month to Aldi and Sam's to buy the bulk of our grocery need. Then a trip to Walmart about monthly, give or take.

No comments: