Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Still Planning for 06/07!


YES!!! I am doing our planning now for this coming school year. We got in the bulk of our books on Monday. The only thing that I lack getting is B's 7th grade Apologia science and that won't be until later. I am buying it used from a friend who is using it this year. What a lot of reading to do on the teacher's part! I was telling B. yesterday that learning seems a lot easier right now than the teaching. Well, when I was teaching one and even two grades it was pretty easy. Now, with having three in school and another that will do preschool workbooks I just know that I will have to implement all the tools the Lord has given me to make it successful.
I am logging all the plans into the Homeschool Tracker for the first month right now. I suppose I will be scheduling this in to do in the evenings and on Saturdays. I was thinking of just planning a month at a time at least until I know how the pace will go. I'd hate to have to relog all that in.
We are doing the Artpacs from Christian Light. We are doing that for the first time as well and I am excited for it. Our co op that we used to attend has art but we have opted out of participating for now. I don't see it happening in the near future either.
Anyway, we are beginning this school year in June and hope to go through August until the baby comes. Then take a break up to a month and get back in the groove by October. When are you guys starting? Happy planning!

No comments: