Friday, August 18, 2006

Hurry up and wait!


Okay, first of all, never mind the ticker thingy at the top that says I've only gained 25 lbs. so far. Ha-ha-ha!!!! It's more like 35lbs. but at this point I really could care less. I have a game plan for that to be fixed later but who cares now.
I am going to do just a little bit more school with the children tomorrow and then we will be finished for a while. I also need to log in what's been done already as well. I am thinking we'll only take off 2-3 weeks but who knows really?
I go in to the OB office on Monday to see how I have came along in dialation. I really think I have made some progress from earlier this week but who knows? Okay, the game plan is this--- I am going to be induced on Tuesday if I don't go before. My Dr. says that if I have progressed enough that he'll just break my water and see if I fall into labor. If not then I'll have the "pill form" induction. Normally I'd say to just wait until baby is ready to come his/herself but I have waited so long as is. It's been a llloooonnnnngggg journey-- way long. I am tired and it's time. All of our babies have been so treasured but I cannot tell you how much more we now know that a baby is a blessing and not one to be taken lightly. I am thinking once this baby comes I will never let it go. I ache to nurse the baby and really want to do everything just right. If I quit staring at the baby, will he or she stop breathing? Will we ever not stare to make sure that the baby is still breathing? Will we get sleep or even care that we haven't? I will FINALLY get to rock a baby of our's in the rocker we got last year!!!!!!!! Will there be a night when I won't want to sing to the baby and quote scriptures for he/she to keep inside? Then to feel baby's breath on my cheek as it sleeps peacefully. I am very ready for this. I fear the pain but will have it so much with joy to have this baby in our arms.
After this weekend James is suppose to be off two weeks. I can't wait for that either! He has put in his notice of resignation today. That was a big step! So in three more weeks he'll officially be resigned from Inland and he's only sheduled to work the last two days of that after this weekend. Changes, changes all abound!
Okay, I didn't win the writing contest that I entered. I am sure it was because of my awful spelling errors. In between five children asking questions constantly and my having a few contractions I really wasn't interested in checking spelling. Oh well. I am happy for the ones who did win and it was fun putting thoughts together anyway.
For you prayer warriors, please pray that James' job transition will go well. It's all a little bit of stepping out on faith. Also, pray for our baby to come safely and with a fast delivery and recovery. I still have five other "babies" here to take care of too!Thank you all!

No comments: