Monday, January 1, 2007

Jan. 2007



Jan. 30, 2007 -

"Catch up Tuesday"...that's what I'd have to call today. After the weekend and then contracting a nasty 24 hour virus we fell way behind in laundry. Well, you wonder how quickly things can fall behind when a family of 8 is put out of commission? This is three days worth of laundry to now fold after a washing extravaganza.

Oh dear, what do we have here? There are four little heads peeking out of the pile! What fun...I will have some "help" in my folding endeavors. Aaahhh, isn't housekeeping so pleasant?


Joy-Anna says she'll skip this chore and just play for a while. Who can blame her? Doesn't she have the sweetest round face? Don't you just want to eat her up?

Well, I told the children that they must do their math first and then they can join me in some folding.
The children had fun being goofy while helping out.
So, that's what we did today....math and laundry. Okay, so we did eat and the wee ones had a sweet nap. Now it's time for me to cook and then the children will finish up the dishes this evening while I read the rest of the story of Samson to them. I am enjoying the book of Judges and so while trecking through the scriptures I choose passages and stories to share with the children. I encourage them to do the same with me as well.
Have a blessed evening with your familes~!

[Comments - 2]




Jan. 26, 2007 -



It has been a long time since posting. Not that I haven't tried. Either I am too busy or this new system with homeschoolblogger would give me trouble. I am actually praying that this very post will, well, actually post. For some reason sometimes when we hit the backspace key in the title section our(Brittany and I) entry deletes. Yes, looonnnnngggg entries gone. POOF! Gone! Grrrrrrr.
I hope to post more later but wanted to stop in to say, "all is well". I have many, many things running through my head to blog on but that's as far as it went. Life is so busy. We homeschool moms of many children have it HARD! There's no other way to put it. I'll leave with this thought that came into my mind the other day.
Motivation will soon fade away but determination to do right will last longer. It's a pretty good saying from an undereducated hillbilly if I do say so myself! By the way, I really dislike these new smilies!
[Comments - 3]

No comments: