Thursday, March 1, 2007

March 2007

Mar. 25, 2007 - Just a Light Bulb Moment


I just had something to dawn on me while reading an email from Large Family Logistics;
Once you have six children baths aren't something you do at the end of your day. It is something that is part of your day. Sometimes it seems that smaller details of life, like baths, can be a big chore. Instead of making it something that's a chore to get done before such and such happens, maybe it's good to slow down and enjoy it.


[Comments - 2]




Mar. 22, 2007 - Thursdays Rambling and Prayer Request


First of all, please pray for the Maxwell Family as Nathan and Melanie have had their baby. The baby is in need of prayer as she's unresponsive,etc. She was born early. I feel so much for this family who has been waiting for quite a while to be blessed with a child.
School is going quite well around here. We are still on schedule to be finished sometime in the first half of May. I think I am coming around to us having set aside two hours of book work in the morning. Then we'll have another two hours in the afternoon. Granted, we may not need the full two hours in the afternoon but it's there to utilize as needed. Brittany and I survived this year's Geometry....I think the rest of the year will be a breeze now. LOL I am trying to psyche myself up for this coming year with having four to teach. By the way, what's the salary for this kind of thing?
With spring in the air we are a' buzzin' with ideas of what to plant in our garden this year. I haven't talked it over with James but I thought it'd be a good thing to assign a row of the garden over to each of the oldest three children. We do have long rows though.... ah well, count it science and P.E. at the same time. Ha ha
Our little Joy- Anna is seven months old today! She's a sweetie but a might bit on the spoilt side. I just knew before she was born that this was going to happen. It's funny because she's still getting up in the middle of the night. I will feed her, lay her down. She'll wake and I'll feed her again, then lay her down. Finally after a few times I'll just put her in bed with us. James will say, "Oh Joy-Anna! You slept almost all night!" Heeheehee Yes, I do know how to schedule them. Yes, I do know how to allow her to console herself and fall to sleep on her own. Oh leave me alone! She's growing too fast as it is. I am enjoying it.........sort of.
Well, I am gearing up to begin grocery shopping biweekly instead of weekly again. This will save on gas as this 15 passenger can burn some fuel. So within the next few days I am going on a big shopping trip. I am debating on going with just a few helpers or going with all six "helpers". I know in Aldi alone I will be getting three carts. We recieved a blessing from the LORD to help stock up our pantry. I will blog more later on this.
I hope to have some pics later. You know, I really need to learn how to do that myself. Our 'puter wiz of a daughter has to do all this stuff for me. This blog seems rather boring with pictures.
Okay, enough of this. I must go and get the troops moving. They seem to scatter once I get on here. I'll leave you with my to do list of the day:
four loads of laundry to wash, hang, fold and put away
four more loads of wash from yesterday that weren't folded and put away
supervise the children in washing the dishes today( think: seven people, four meals...get the picture?)
four hours of school
Thursday is Master bedroom day. A-hem, I'll be here a little while.
For the rest of the day I will have lunch and supper to still scrounge up. Considering this is the last day before shopping day, this poses a challenge.
Have a great Thursday!



Mar. 19, 2007 - New Day, New Week


Here we are at a new week....again with many hopes of staying on top of everything. It seems the Lord has been dealing with me lately in the homemaking department. I was just thinking the other day about how we women are "Managers of the Homes". Usually if one is a manager of something they normally get the complaints when something isn't right. Eerrrr, that's not a good thing at all. On the flipside when something is going superbly right, we occasionly will get praised for it. Keeping the home...it's a very hard job. I really think that men have the dominant gene in management....yet we are to manage.
I have, in recent years, observed an epidemic amongst housewives that involves three teams: excuse making, pitty parties, or domesticated wizs . What team are we on here?
I have witnessed women wollering in a pity party about "poor me! I have to do it all! I will never dig out of this heap! Why is it this way? I am always home and this work is drudgery!" I have said this myself before. SHAME~! Is my home drudgery? Are my children drudgery? Is my husband drudgery? NO! Am *I* drudgery whilst I feel I am swimming in drudgery? YES! Who wants to be around drudgery(the lil' ole poor housewife)? What is our countenance showing? Drudgery? This is the Drudgery Team.
Then we have the Excuses Team. Let's see, this involves a lot of procrastinating. This is a true art and some of us are soooo good at it! Okay, how can we have an excuse for not doing our job. Hmmmm....how many years does this go on? What's our excuse of choice? I have a job, one child, two children, three children, ministries, errands to run all the time, meals to cook, homeschooling, sickness.....on and on. Who has time for a peaceful, orderly home? There's too much going on for that, right? Excuses.
Last but best is the Domestic Wiz team. Disclaimer here: I have not met ONE that is on this team from my generation! I have met a few from years gone by....but then again I didn't know them when they had families at home. So, is it impossible to be on this team? Should we strive for this team? If there were badges for each club, which badge would you be the most glad to wear?
Should we not be proud of our homes? Should we not want order, peace and serenity. Should we not want our countenance to be one of control, confidence, joy, vision? I am certain it takes one step at a time. One goal at a time...with no excuses--no pity parties. Am I planted in my home to waste time on the first two teams? Do I have that time? The children are growing and time is ticking away. Is it time NOW to get things right and enjoy later years. Or, just stay on the excuses team as life passes by? What team are our daughters to be on later? Should they even see the first two teams in us? Do we care for them to witness vulgar words or obsene pictures or violence? NO! But this sin seems more excusable for the children to see....our husbands to see. Yet sometimes with shame we try to hide it from company. Is that not being a hypocritical sluggard?
Oh, I know I have mentioned the "s" word again. Sin. If looking around your home, is it managed? IS IT MANAGED? Are you a true keeper? Do we do what the Lord commands? Is this command being done as unto HIM? Is the Lord in your home? Does He see what we hide from others?

Titus
2:3
The aged women likewise, that they be in
behaviour as becometh holiness, not
false accusers, not given
to much wine,
teachers of good things;
2:4
That
they may teach
the young women
to be sober,
to love their husbands,
to love their children,
2:5
To be discreet, chaste,
keepers at home, good, obedient
to their own husbands, that
the word
of God be not blasphemed.

No comments: